Service of Volunteer West Island
CARING PAWS ANIMAL THERAPY is a service of Volunteer West Island (VWI), a provincial non-profit organization located in Ste. Anne de Bellevue, Quebec. Our certified therapy teams, consisting of a volunteer-member and his or her therapy dog or cat, visit hospitals, retirement residences long-term care facilities, adult day centres, community living centres, women’s shelters, colleges and universities. Our child-certified teams visit these facilities as well as working in our reading program in schools, libraries and other children’s centres.
The steering committee is composed of the following members:
- Maritza Benedek – Team Leader
- Barbara Paul – Founder and Consultant
- Linda Quinn – Dog therapy evaluation assistant and cat evaluations
- Martha Hyde – Dog therapy evaluations, CEGEPS, universities and high schools
- Marilyn MacLean – Newsletter and Communications
- Marie Léveillé Ghanem – Secretary
Steering Committee Members
Team Leader for Greater Montreal
Since February 2014
Founder and Team Leader for the West Island.
Dogs: Ozzie and Wilson
Responsibilities: Children’s program Coordinator – schools and libraries and children’s hospitals